Los Angeles Federal Attorney
Beverly Hills Child Pornography Defense Lawyer
Child pornography refers to material depicting children being in a state of undress, engaged in erotic poses or actual sexual activity. The internet has resulted in a massive increase in the availability, accessibility and volume of child pornography. The production, dissemination, or possession of child pornography is illegal under both California State Law and under Federal Law. A federal child pornography charge is a serious matter with serious penalties associated.
As a Los Angeles federal defense attorney, Robert M. Bernstein has helped clients who were accused of or charged with possession or distribution of child pornography. Even in the face of these serious federal charges, attorney Bernstein’s experience and skills in this area enables him to expertly defend his clients’ rights and defend their freedom.
Federal Child Pornography Charges & Penalties
- It is a federal offense to knowingly transport, distribute, mail, transfer, receive, possess, promote, advertise or in any way deal with child pornography (material which depicts persons under the age of 18 in a sexual manner or engaging in sexual activity.) It is also a federal offense to offer, give or send a minor any type of child pornography.
- A person found guilty of the above may face fines and/or prison time of 5 to 20 years.
- If he/she has a prior conviction for a similar offense, the penalty will increase to 15 to 40 years in prison.
- Engaging in a child exploitation enterprise is also a federal offense. This occurs when an individual commits three or more felony incidents of federal child pornography (interstate or international distribution, sale, transfer, transport, etc.) against more than one victim, with three or more other offenders.
- A person found guilty of engaging in a child exploitation enterprise may face 20 years to life in prison.
Los Angeles Child Pornography Defense Attorney
The charges and penalties outlined above demonstrate why an experienced and skilled Los Angeles federal defense lawyer is important if an individual is facing federal child pornography charges.
The Law Offices of Robert M. Bernstein is located in Beverly Hills, California and we defend clients throughout Los Angeles and the entire state of California who have been accused of or are under investigation for any type of federal child pornography offense. Federal criminal defense lawyer Robert Bernstein offers a free consultation to discuss your charges and to see how we can help.
Contact Los Angeles child pornography attorney Robert M. Bernstein today!